About the customer – Customer is one of the top federal housing finance company
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) on Netezza to be migrated to AWS Cloud.
- Design and deliver a comprehensive solution implementing best practice recommendations in line with the enterprise data lake goals.
- Replicate the current Netezza snapshotting process in the EDW environment into the AWS environment
- Provide best practice recommendations in the areas of metadata capture, lineage & audit
NucleusTeq Solution Approach
- Migrated the snapshotting process from Netezza to AWS based environment
- Migrated base tables in 3NF from IDS (Integrated Data Store) to S3 and update them on an ongoing basis with incremental updates
- Implemented identified data migration patterns in a way that it can be reused for tables conforming to similar patterns
- Identified and migrated major percentage of the EDW users and their associated queries that qualify as long-running workloads to S3
- Comprehensive architecture on AWS addressing the enterprise data lake goals with best practice recommendations in the areas of metadata capture, lineage, storage & audit
- Offload of the major percentage of Netezza based EDW (data and workloads) to AWS based environment
- Free the EDW from snapshotting process by migrating the process to AWS
- Use of cloud offering elasticity to the process for future scaling