About the customer – One of the largest manufactures & distributors of prescription pharmaceuticals in several therapeutic areas, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hepatitis, rheumatoid arthritis and psychiatric disorders.
- An unmanaged on-prem data lake running the risk of becoming a data swamp, needed to be optimized & migrated to cloud
- Unusable insights & recommendations for the enterprise users
- Unable to efficiently utilize the provisioned cluster
- Enable An organized data lake supported by a curated semantic layer reducing redundancy and confusion.
- Breakdown silos and enable a consolidated reporting platform powered by Hadoop
- Partnered with the customers stakeholders across IT and business to develop a comprehensive roadmap and strategy to optimize and migrate to the cloud
- Defined a multi-year phased cloud migration plan for success and execution
- Enabled and trained internal teams to get cloud and big data-enabled at the end-user level
- Put in execution an initiative migrating EDW workloads to Hadoop on cloud
- Put in execution optimization, data harmonization and migration to the cloud
- Converged siloed analytics into a uniform converged platform expanding access for easy discovery and multi-faceted analysis.
- Business users are able to perform wider analysis across multiple channels unhindered by silos
- A flexible and elastic data platform in the cloud capable of catering to the diverse and dynamic needs of the enterprise for a significantly smaller budget footprint
- Cost savings and effort reduction enabled by dynamic AWS native apps
- One stop metrics repository for senior management review and chargebacks