Two of the most dramatic trends in contemporary information technology (IT) architectures are the rise of the cloud for processing and storing data, and the modernization of data management tools to accommodate unstructured data and advanced analytics needs to exploit the possibilities of the new data driven paradigm. These two trends are happening simultaneously. Key drivers for modernization of data are,
- Advanced Analytics (ML & AI) in order to derive more value from data.
- Processing requirements for large data sets.
- Use-cases requiring real-time processing of data.
- Unstructured data storing & processing.
- High cost of existing data-warehouse appliances.
- Products going out of support (Netezza etc.)